Monday 29 June 2009

Writing From The Creative Writing Workshop

I stand here nearly swallowed up

Caught in the war of nature verses nature

Displaying power like a prancing peacock

Waves crashing its symbol to be heard

The cliff crowned in grass that dances in splendour

This proud tower weathering its opponent

Demanding its place

Immovable

Staking its claim

Wind rushing to win

Surrounding all that may stand in its way

Fighting to have this place carry my name

Man encroaching on Mother Nature

Sticking a flag in like it means something

Blood flowing like oceans to claim what was never theirs

Wind laughs at my plans

His voice heard in thunder and lightning

Staring at all creation colliding

We will be here long after you.

2 comments:

  1. There is a great melody oozing from your written words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic piece! I love the angle you have approached this deep theme in.

    I am connecting this to a lyric of mine. If possible, do read it - "My forgotten heroes".

    ReplyDelete