Thursday 18 June 2009

As It Was

I went to a writing group today and we had to write the opening to our autobiography. Here is my offering:

It was one of those wonderful sunny days that are found so infrequently. I ventured into the garden and felt the grass between my toes. Then it occurred to me. I began dancing around the garden stripping off all my clothes, so very pleased with myself. At five i understood that i shouldn't but that knowledge made this so much sweeter. I danced around in nothing but a hat feeling the sun tingling my skin and the breeze rushing all over my body. 

The fun was interrupted by my mother pounding on the window in frustration. I stopped for a moment, waved and then danced on. I think i have always been this way (but with far less nudity). I approach life with a desire to feel everything. The sun on my skin, the breeze in my hair and the determination to do what i please.

4 comments:

  1. Ha! Nice! I mean, I felt and liked the touch of comedy and honesty here! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI REBEKAH!!! today was the first time i saw what you wrote at your profile , it overflows so much life and pleasure ! i dint feel to stay in front of the computer any more . i just wanna to go out and feel the day .but then i read this last post .no commentaries , i don't want to repet myself .
    last time i came here , that "delicate" picture at the beginig of the blog , and the tinny text got in my mind for the rest of the day , and day after.
    well.... thank you very much for have visited my blog , it is a honnor for me .what i like about to have a blog ( what's new for me ) is that with the time we start to atract people with a similar vibration . your presense there made happy.
    i saw you're a proud mother and wife , your family must to be great .
    see you .

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's what made you feel free I guess.
    Very nice way to open you autobiography.

    Mine would be something like "Shut the @#%^%$#$ light, great I got evicted".

    ReplyDelete