Monday 8 June 2009

Lessons From a Mother of a Newborn

No you won’t die from the lack of sleep

No you won’t always pray to go deaf just for a minute’s piece

No you will never stop worrying (it comes with the job)

No you’re not a bad mother (crying is how they communicate)

No they don’t love him more than you because they say daa daa first

No don’t be alarmed if you find a piece of your crossword in its nappy (unless there is a pen too)

Yes at some point you will get a nights sleep (even if it’s when they're 18)

Yes it will get better

Yes when they are asleep you think they are perfect and can’t remember what you were moaning about

Yes they make you laugh till you nearly pee (that’s a side effect of childbirth)

Yes you will always be consumed by love for them

Yes they will make you the happiest you have ever been

5 comments:

  1. "No don’t be alarmed if you find a piece of your crossword in its nappy (unless there is a pen too)"

    Hahaha... Nice one! Made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. typo 'they're 18'
    Loving this, you. So very true and they say it gets easier as they get older *sigh* I think it gets harder! Ha! But that closing line purrrrrrrrrfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the comments. I changed the typo (corrections always welcomed) thanks SarahA.

    I think being parent is gloriously scary. I'm so grateful to have him but I also may be bald by then from the stress - hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice post that brings a smile on my face. I'm with SarahA: i also thought it gets easier when they're older, was i wrong. ;-) My two sons are now 10 & 13 and all ages have their own special charmes ánd difficulties. Sometimes i get melancholic as i think of the time they were baby's only remembering the good things. But then again: i'm glad that i now have a tiny little bit time for myself again. :-D
    The last two lines are so sweet and so true.

    Sweet greetz, Momo Luna

    ReplyDelete