Wednesday 20 May 2009

Naked Creativity

I wrote this and posted it on the "Address The Naked" Blog. It is an exploration of creativity.

I want to leave something that lasts.

Paint a masterpiece.

Construct my art.


I want the world to gaze at the beauty

that pours from my heart.

The eloquence of my expression.

The creation that I long to impart.

 

I want to encapsulate all of creation

with just one photograph.

Make real what is abstract.


Words to edify and enrich,

holding unfathomable impact.

To resonate with the soul

and keep creativity intact.

 

I want to destroy the constructs of mediocrity.

Build beauty out of the rubble.

Eliminate clichés from the start.


Strip away at the façade.

Forcing convention to depart.

Leave only the naked truth.

The truth of art.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to this very well as I think of the same all the time. The need to make a difference via my songs. I reckon every artist does.

    Very poignant, this one! Well done!!! Keep writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am liking your words written. I am liking the feeling and truth within such.Lovely piece, you.

    ReplyDelete