Sunday 31 May 2009

His Abundance

see his depth
reach right in
to the deepest part
gently fingers dance
tentatively searching
searching for the core
the truth of who he is
not the perception so blatant

i dream of the depth of us
the who we could be
not the emergent
nor the puerile
but the us - the us evolved
matured
the fully grown

our sacred promise shared
the words softly spoken
the heart overflowing in two words
the completeness
the unsaid
the hopes and dreams
the two hearts held in one truth

my heart drenched with you
our hands interwoven in "I Do"

a never ending circle
a promise to grow together
the knowledge it won't be easy
the truth that it will get hard
the understanding of harsh life
but the assurance that everyday we will try till our life departs

2 comments:

  1. Extremely judgemental, this one. I like it! I really do! Just one query; what's with the weird spaces in the beginning? I mean, why aren't your lines steadily beginning from one side and one point. Is that a metaphor as well? - ups and downs in life OR ups and downs in trusting someone.

    Well done! I am really delighted to be here. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right Brosreview. I wanted to convey the ups and downs and the contradiction of love. In an intimate relationship you can love someone with all you are and yet that person irritate the life out of you (at times). It was also a comment on the perspective that one person has but yet it's not secure and steadfast. It's biased and true all at the same time. I'm waffling now so I will shut up. Your encouragement means a lot because I love your words.

    ReplyDelete